- Confessions Of A Soon-To-Be First Time Marathoner. By Linda Nguyen
- Flying And Running. By Mike Thornton
- Injury Ends Dylan Wykes’ Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Plan, by Paul Gains
- Shami Abdulahi Returns to Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Chasing Records, by Paul Gains
- How YOU can become a World Record Holder at STWM! Calling all runners to take on a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ challenge!
Category Archives: General
Canada Running Series announce Modo The Car Co-op as title sponsor to Modo Spring Run Off Vancouver 8k.
– Sponsorship brings Finishers’ medals, Take A Hike Foundation to the race VANCOUVER. January 15, 2014. Canada Running Series is pleased to announce a three-year sponsorship partnership with Modo The Car Co-op. Modo will take title to the first event … Continue reading
Canada Running Series announces new prize money for 2014 Western events; increased commitment to Canadian and British Columbian athletes.
December 17, 2014 – Vancouver, BC. Canada Running Series is pleased to announce an increase in prize monies for competitive runners at its three Western events in 2014, with a strong emphasis on encouraging the development of Canadian and British … Continue reading
TORONTO. December 10, 2013. London’s Lanni Marchant and Lethbridge’s Kip Kangogo were officially announced as 2013 Canada Running Series Champions today, capping off an outstanding year for both athletes, and for Canada’s top road race circuit. It was also a … Continue reading
• Greektown announced as winner of the Neighbourhood Challenge at the Scotiabank Charity Challenge Awards Night TORONTO, Nov 27, 2013.Runners, spectators and neighbourhoods alike at the 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon raised over $3.8 million in support of 185 local … Continue reading
Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon & 5k earns Silver Certification from the Council for Responsible Sport for Social and Environmental Initiatives
Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon & 5k earns Silver Certification from the Council for Responsible Sport for its Social and Environmental Initiatives Working with Green Chair Recycling, organizers achieve 97.8 percent waste diversion rate FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 18, 2013 – … Continue reading
Canada’s leading female marathoner Lanni Marchant has confirmed she will run in this week’s Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. A year ago she finished a credible fifth in the 2012 Rotterdam Marathon not only setting a personal best of 2:31:51 but … Continue reading
TORONTO October 11th. Jodi Lewchuk recently took up running after a long hiatus and it’s changed her life. Exactly one year ago, as she watched runners finish the 2012 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, Jodi decided she wanted to be one … Continue reading
Confidence is a mandatory trait for a marathon runner and Kenya’s Henry Sugut approaches the 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon with an abundance of it. “As always, when I am going for a race, I target my personal best,” Sugut … Continue reading
According to Race Director, Alan Brookes, “We’re really excited to announce the late addition of Deressa Chimsa to our 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront field. Anytime we get an athlete of this calibre, and with such consistency, it’s very special. To … Continue reading
Yoshihisa Hosaka drawn to STWM by prospect of another World Record and meeting Ed-san! By Brett Larner
Time stops for no one. But Japan’s Yoshihisa Hosaka is doing his best to push the clock back. At age 59 at the 2008 Fukuoka International Marathon he became the oldest man to ever run Japan’s most celebrated marathon, clocking … Continue reading