Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada (CCAC)
Run with our team and GetYourButtSeen!
The Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada (CCAC) is honoured to be participating in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge Runs in Montreal, Halifax, Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto.
Why we're running
- To show support for the roughly 22,200 Canadians who will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2013
- To honour the roughly 8,900 men and women we lose to the disease each year
- To have a blast while raising funds for the CCAC's programs and services
- Because we know that we can reduce our risk of developing colorectal cancer by lacing up and getting active!
As a GetYourButtSeen team member, you set your own fundraising pace. The CCAC will cover the registration costs of the first ten runners who pledge to raise $250.
Why we're fundraising
The CCAC is dedicated to increasing colorectal cancer awareness as well as supporting patients and advocating on their behalves. When you fundraise for the CCAC, you are supporting:
- The CCAC's Cancer Coach support program, which connects patients with our certified Cancer Coach mentors
- The GetYourButtSeen.ca awareness campaign, a fun and youthful initiative aimed at getting the public talking about this below-the-belt cancer
- The Giant Colon, a family-friendly educational exhibit featuring a walk-through replica of the human bowel
- Our upcoming Cancer Prevention in the Community program, an initiative that aims to educate diverse communities about how they can reduce their collective colorectal cancer risk
- Our multidisciplinary Scientific Conferences, which unite physicians in the interest of standardizing care and improving patient outcomes
Please contact Elyse Beigleman Rapps at 1-877-50-COLON /1-877-502-6566 or register online if you want to be a part of the GetYourButtSeen team on race day. Join us as we walk, run and jog for the cause!