Canadian Centre for Diversity
About the Canadian Centre for Diversity
The Canadian Centre for Diversity is an educational charity that informs and educates young Canadians about the value of diversity, difference and inclusion. Our signature program, Peer Leaders Network addresses an unmet need of young Canadians by building safer, more accepting and inclusive school environments. The year-long Peer Leaders Network program delivers a preventative education solution that eliminates bias and discrimination by offering students leadership skills so they can drive social change. The student network gains strength from a solid curriculum that comprises workshops, online learning, regional leadership forums and school-wide activities.
Consider some of the facts:
- 28% of students in grades 7-12 report having been bullied in the past year. This represents 288,000 students in Ontario.
- Students endure insults and slurs because of their race or religion.
- 24% of all deaths among Canadians aged 15–24 are due to suicide.
- 64% of LGBTQ students report feeling unsafe at school.
What kind of initiatives can my fundraising dollars help deliver?
- $150 reserves a place for one student on a Peer Leaders Outing, a day-long learning journey to 3 different places of worship or cultural centres.
- $1,750 develops one Peer Leader who creates a vision and implements an action plan to promote inclusion and acceptance in their high schools.
- $25,000 enables one whole school to participate in the Peer Leaders Network program.
Join the See DifferƏnt Team and help us reach our goal of $25,000!
Monies raised will help support the Peer Leaders Network program in 36 high schools in Ontario, ensuring 30,000 young Canadians see beyond stereotypes and approach difference with respect and understanding!
Ready, Set…Participate or Donate
It's easy to support the Canadian Centre for Diversity at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Run, wheel or walk with us on October 20, 2013, pledge your support for one of our participants or make a donation directly to the Canadian Centre for Diversity.
- Follow the first link below to register for the marathon, half-marathon or 5K race. If you've already registered, follow the second link below to create your personal fundraising page.
- Select "Canadian Centre for Diversity" as your charity from the drop-down menu in the "Scotiabank Charity Challenge" section of the registration page.
- Please enter DISCOUNT CHARITY PIN code 13STWMSCC to receive the discount rate.
- Once you have received a confirmation email, follow the second link below to create your personal fundraising page for the Canadian Centre for Diversity.
- Start raising funds and help us educate young Canadians to see beyond stereotypes, to respect difference and to build bridges of understanding.
- Fundraise for a chance to win exciting prizes!
To learn more about what we do visit www.centrefordiversity.ca.
For more information on registration and participation please contact Mary at email@example.com or call 416.597.9693 ext. 33.