Cystic Fibrosis Canada — Toronto & District Chapter
Please join Cystic Fibrosis Canada Toronto & District Chapter as we walk and run to raise funds to support cystic fibrosis research and care.
- Cystic fibrosis (CF) is the most common, fatal genetic disease affecting young Canadians
- Cystic fibrosis mainly affects the lungs and digestive system, where thick mucus develops and makes it difficult to breathe and absorb nutrients from food
- 1 in 25 Canadians carry the defective gene responsible for CF; two carrier parents have a 25% chance of having a child with CF.
- 1 in 3,600 children born in Canada has cystic fibrosis — only half of these children will live to see the age of 47.
Why should I help?
- All funds raised through the STWM Charity Challenge funds research towards a cure or control for CF and supports CF patient care clinics and transplant programs
- Every dollar raised makes a difference in the lives of those living with CF!
- FREE Training Programs for all participants.
- Team CF Toronto t-shirts for all participants
- The first 50 registered participants will receive a FREE ENTRY — in return for a minimum $100 fundraising commitment!
NOTE: you must contact the Toronto Chapter before you register to qualify for this incentive. You can contract us via email or phone!
How can I get involved?
- Sign-up for the 5K walk or run, Marathon or Half-Marathon as a Charity Challenge Runner. NOTE: the first 50 Registrants will receive a FREE ENTRY! In order to take advantage of this offer, participant agrees to raise a minimum of $100 in pledges. Please contact the office before you register for the promotional code. You can contact us via email or phone!
- Select Cystic Fibrosis Canada Toronto & District Chapter as your charity/team.
- Once you have registered, set-up your own personal fundraising page.
- Collect pledges from co-workers, friends, family. Encourage them to join you! Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 or more.
- Sponsor a runner or team who is fundraising for Cystic Fibrosis Canada Toronto & District Chapter.
- Instead of running, volunteer on race day! Volunteers will be assigned various duties at the on-course Water Stations or the Finish Line area. To volunteer, contact Laura Ferguson at email@example.com.
For more information please contact:
416-932-3900 x 224