College-Montrose Children's Place
We are renovating the largest free, accessible, purpose-built space dedicated to early learning and parent support in downtown Toronto. We've raised 100% of the amount we need for the first phase of this renovation. Now we need to equip the space with children's furniture and engrossing learning materials that will stimulate all children to grow and develop regardless of their skills, background, resources and family make up. You can help.
What we do
- For almost 30 years, College-Montrose Children's Place has provided free early learning and family support services in downtown west Toronto.
- We provide safe stimulating learning environments and opportunities for children, parents and caregivers in twelve sites.
- Our focal program is a Family Drop-In where parents/caregivers engage with their children in creative play-based activities and interact with other parents/caregivers to share their skills and knowledge.
- Other core free programs include occasional childcare, parenting groups and workshops, family literacy, school readiness, nutrition, information, referral, and community development.
Why is early learning important?
- The scientific evidence on early childhood development is undeniable — the first 3 years are the most important for a child's future development.
- It sets the foundation for lifelong learning, behaviour and health.
- It shapes the architecture of a young child's brain and influences his/her capacity to learn, to get along with others, and to respond to daily stresses and challenges.
Perks for you
- You will be invited to our grand opening in Artscape YOUNGplace in late 2012.
- Participants who raise $100 or more will be honoured on our donor wall at Artscape YOUNGplace for generations to see — many of our parents are using this as a tribute to their children.
- Your donors who sponsor you for at least $100 will also be honoured on our donor wall and receive an invitation to our grand opening so you can go together and see what you helped build.
- Free registration for the first 20 runners (full, half or 5k).
For more information, please contact Angela Ottolino: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-532-9485 ext 223.
To learn more about our work visit www.cmcp.ca and visit Artscape YOUNGplace to learn more about our new home.