Daily Bread Food Bank
Help support the fight against hunger in Toronto!
Run, walk or pledge your support to help Daily Bread Food Bank at this year's Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
Daily Bread Food Bank is a non-profit, charitable organization that is fighting to end hunger in our communities. Every year thousands of people across Toronto rely on food banks.
Daily Bread serves these people all across the city through more than 200 food banks and meal programs. Daily Bread provides food for an average of 66,000 client visits a month to food banks, and more than 3,500 prepared meals every week to shelters and meal programs.
Daily Bread is more than just a food bank…
- We provide training for our member agencies in nutrition and cooking, safe food handling and support for food bank clients
- We provide training opportunities for low-income people through our Food Services Training Program
- We provide information and referral support for people on low incomes in areas such as housing, education, social assistance and employment
- We are pushing the government for change in public policy that will reduce poverty (and in turn reduce hunger)
- We educate youth about hunger and poverty issues in the community
Toronto's Daily Bread Food Bank is committed to helping thousands of families in Toronto, but we can't do it without the generosity and support of people like you! Please join our team today or make a donation and come out on Sunday, October 20th to cheer us on!
LACE UP WITH DAILY BREAD TODAY!
Why join the Daily Bread team?
- All those who raise more than $250 by September 12th 2013 will get our brand new Team Daily Bread technical shirt
- First five people to fundraise over $500 will have their race fees reimbursed
- First four returning Daily Bread runners who recruit two friends will also have their race fees reimbursed
- Join our practice walk/run and meet with your Daily Bread co-runners (details to be announced)
How do I get involved?
- Join the Daily Bread Food Bank team! Sign up for the marathon, half-marathon or 5k
- Start raising funds and training for your run.
Not quite ready to run? That's okay. You can still support a runner on the Daily Bread team. OR support the whole team!
To sponsor someone already registered, click the link below that says 'Sponsor a Participant' and search Daily Bread Food Bank for a list of team members. To sponsor the entire team, click the link below that says 'Sponsor a team' and search for Daily Bread Food Bank.
For more information: Please contact Eve at 416-203-0050 x 299, email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND WE'LL SEE YOU AT THE FINISH LINE!