David's Harp Scholarship Fund
DAVID'S HARP SCHOLARSHIP FUND is a registered charitable organization that was founded in 2005. DAVID'S HARP SCHOLARSHIP FUND provides funding for
music education to students from low-income families who reside within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
With no additional cost to their parents, DAVID'S HARP SCHOLARSHIP FUND provides a medium through which youths within the GTA can have easy access to musical education and
the opportunity to develop their artistic expressions.
The long-term vision of DAVID'S HARP SCHOLARSHIP FUND is to extend this service to meet the needs of students across the country and to create an
international branch of the organization.
Our mission is to:
- Provide music education in the Greater Toronto Area for children from low-income families by partnering with the various city councils, schools, music studios, private music instructors, music stores and social agencies;
- Provide financial grants through the scholarship fund to students who are seriously interested in taking music lessons;
- Provide mentoring for students, through our Mentorship Program, who wish to pursue a post-secondary level music education and a career in music;
- Provide educational material and/or equipment for students within the program;
- Work in a collaborative relationship with the school boards within the GTA to enhance and develop new programs for the musically gifted within the school system.
Our 2010 program will include funding for the Bloorview Kids Rehab Community Arts Program. Families of children with disabilities have the financial burden of sourcing for equipment and therapies and often do not have the resources left to provide an opportunity for the children to be able to engage in musical activities. Music is such an important tool in the lives of these kids to develop and enhance their motor and social skills.
Please help us to raise funds for this worthwhile cause as we have many children on our waitlist. Our goal is to raise $5000.00.
How can I get involved?
- Challenge yourself to Walk, Run or Wheelchair the event to support our youth.
- Sign-up for the Marathon, Half-Marathon or 5K as a Charity Challenge Runner.
- Select David's Harp Scholarship Fund as your charity/team.
- Once you have registered, sign up on the ARTEZ on-line fundraising page to set up your own personal fundraising page.
- Collect pledges from co-workers, friends, family. Encourage them to join you! Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 or more.
- Sponsor a runner or team who is fundraising for David's Harp Scholarship Fund.
As an incentive:
- FREE David's Harp Scholarship Fund T-shirt for all registrants
- FREE entry for the first ten (10) registrants.
- Receive a discounted entry fee when you join "Team Take Note" and run for David's Harp Scholarship Fund
- Entry fee reimbursed for any registrant who raises over $150 in pledges
- FREE online training programs through www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com
- David's Harp Scholarship Fund e-letters and race updates
- Charitable tax receipts for $10 and over
- Prizes for the top three fundraisers.
- All of the features of the 2010 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon
This is our first year participating in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon so we need you to make this successful. If you can't participate, consider donating on line.
- Register now online; sign-up on Artez for the Run for the Take Note Team to raise pledges online or download a pledge form!
For more information or to join "Take Note", please contact:
Joy Brown at email@example.com or 416-985-7258.