Humber River Hospital
Support the First Fully Digital Hospital in North America!
The New Humber River Hospital is reinventing patient care, creating a model of caring that will empower patients and families like no other hospital in Canada. It is a model that other hospitals from around the globe are already studying with great interest.
In 2015, when the NEW Humber River Hospital opens its doors at Highway 401 and Keele Street, it will be the first fully digital hospital in North America. We have launched the largest public fundraising campaign in the hospital's history: $225 million: and you are invited to be a part of this truly transformative project. The time is now and we need your support.
How to get Involved and Support Humber River Hospital!
Register to walk or run the 5km, half marathon (21km) or full marathon (42km). Baby strollers (additional $10) and wheelchairs are welcome!
- Complete the Scotiabank Charity Challenge portion of the online registration and select Humber River Hospital as your charity/team.
- Once you have registered online, set up your personalized fundraising page on the ARTEZ online fundraising system.
- Start collecting pledges from friends, family and co-workers and encourage them to join our team! All donations over $20 will receive a charitable receipt.
- If you aren't interested in walking, jogging or running the marathon, choose to represent Humber by volunteering on race day! We appreciate any form of support! Please visit http://hrrhf.akaraisin.com/stwm2013 for more details.
The Campaign for the New Humber River Hospital
On October 20, 2013, please run or walk to support Humber River Hospital. Help us build a new hospital where caring is just as important as care.
By participating, you will be supporting a groundbreaking legacy and making a meaningful impact on the lives of your loved ones for generations to come. Here's some of what your efforts will support:
- More time for doctors and nurses at the bedside, thanks to push technology for test results and lean design to create an efficient layout, meaning less walking for nurses and physicians.
- An improved patient experience — 80% of the inpatient rooms are single patient rooms with space for a family member to stay overnight.
- Shorter wait times for most patients in all areas of the new hospital, including Emergency.
- Robotic surgery for indicated procedures.
It's an amazing investment in your hospital and your community: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv5HAJLIaqw
Prizes and Incentives:
- Exciting prizes for all participants (tbc).
Please visit http://hrrhf.akaraisin.com/stwm2013 for more details