The Heart & Stroke Foundation
Join the Heart and Stroke Foundation Running Team because together, we can help Canadians live longer, fuller lives.
Although Canadians are living longer, according to Statistics Canada, on average, there's a 10-year gap between how long we live, and how long we live in health. This gap is mainly due to heart disease, stroke and other chronic conditions. Join the Heart and Stroke Foundation's Make Health Last movement that encourages Canadians to make healthy lifestyle changes now that can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke by up to 80%. Here's how you can start today to invest in a healthy future. Visit makehealthlast.ca to take your risk assessment.
Consider the Facts:
- Every 7 minutes in Canada, someone dies from heart disease or stroke
- Heart disease and stroke cost the Canadian economy nearly $21 billion a year in physician services, hospital costs, lost wages and decreased productivity
- 9 in 10 Canadians have at least one risk factor for heart disease and stroke
Help us raise funds that will contribute to life-giving heart and stroke research and prevention initiatives that will help create healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke.
Join the Heart and Stroke Foundation running team and help us reach our goal of raising $20,000!
- Fundraise for a chance to win exciting prizes!
- Get started today using your personal online fundraising page, as part of the Heart and Stroke Foundation Team. Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and support.
What kind of initiatives can my fundraising dollars help deliver?
- $500 raised can support the delivery of a CPR training course in local schools to teach children life saving skills.
- $1,000 raised can support the delivery of Living With Stroke™, a community-based support and educational program to help stroke survivors and caregivers manage the challenges of living with stroke.
- $10,000 raised can help fund researchers like Dr. Koon Teo, studying how choices in early life lead to childhood obesity and obesity-related illnesses.
Thank you for your support!