Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Charity Challenge with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada
In exchange for fundraising support, you help raise money towards cures for blood cancers like leukemia — the No. 1 disease killer of children — lymphoma and myeloma. How serious is blood cancer? Every 29 minutes, a Canadian is diagnosed with blood cancer. Every 76 minutes, someone dies.
There are two ways you can take part in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Charity Challenge in support of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada
- REGISTER yourself for the race and select The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada as your charity of choice. There is no fundraising minimum and you can earn LLSC branded incentive items at the various fundraising levels you achieve. If you have already registered for the race and haven't selected LLSC as your charity yet, you can set up your Charity Challenge page here
- OR Register with the LLSC Team In Training fundraising program!
What is the official Team In Training fundraising program?
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) has been training relentless people to complete a full or half marathon and other endurance events in the U.S. and Canada for 25 years.
When you register and commit to reaching at least your designated fundraising commitment you will receive
- Run/walk coaching in Toronto, Oakville, Ottawa or online
- TNT training shirt and famous purple race day shirt
- Race weekend parties and race day cheer stations and course coach support
- Personal online fundraising page
- Fundraising materials and ongoing guidance from TNT staff and mentors
- A connection with an honoured patient/survivor to motivate and inspire you
- Fun and exciting incentives for top fundraisers
Together we can beat cancer.
For more information or to register today, please visit www.teamintraining.ca/tor
or call 866-585-2873 then dial 1 then 1855
The Mission and History
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada's (LLSC) roots stretch back to 1955, when five women concerned with lack of focus on leukemia research. Family members and friends declared war on the disease by raising money to fund research to find a cure. Through the years, the organization has grown and now includes offices coast-to-coast. LLSC affiliated with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in the United States in 2004. Our mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Charity Challenge list of charities