OtherHalf—Chinese Stem Cell Initiative
Walk, Run, Donate, JOIN US!
Be the one to SAVE A LIFE
OtherHalf—Chinese Stem Cell Initiative strives to close the gap of Chinese under-representation in the global stem cell donor registry. We conduct stem cell drives and sustained awareness campaigns to deflect myths and educate the public about stem cell donation in the Chinese Canadian community.
Currently, it is estimated that thousands of Chinese patients around the world are desperately searching for unrelated stem cell donors who can save their lives. We can make a difference. By supporting OtherHalf at this year's Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon — through walking or running whilst fundraising for us, or simply by making a donation — your efforts will go towards helping patients in need.
Join us and help us reach our goal of $50,000 to save more lives!
How Can I Help?
- Register for the 5km, half-marathon or full-marathon to fundraise for OtherHalf (click the first link below) — select "OtherHalf-Chinese Stem Cell Initiative" as your charity of choice. Ask us for a special PIN code to enjoy a discounted registration fee!
- Invite your friends/family members to join you on the marathon walk/run to support OtherHalf.
- Make a donation or sponsor an OtherHalf walker/runner or team. Tax Donation receipts will be issued for donations of CAD$20 or more.
- Online: Click the link below and make a secure online donation with your credit card to receive an instant tax receipt.
- By mail: Send your cheque with contact details to "OtherHalf-Chinese Stem Cell Initiative" at 12 Upjohn Road, Unit 5A, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2V9. Please mark "Marathon Donation" at the back of the cheque.
- By phone: Call us at 416-901-9916 to make a credit card donation.
Why Join Us?
- Other than the dry-fit technical jersey, finisher's medal, goodie bag, free admission to the Running, Health & Fitness Expo provided by the marathon organizer, you will also be provided with an OtherHalf hoodie for free with a minimum $150 donation.
- For full-time students: raise $100 or more to have your registration fee reimbursed. For others: raise $250 or more to have your registration fee reimbursed.
- Raffle prizes for those who fundraise $250 or more
- A prize for the top individual fundraiser
- A prize for the top team fundraiser
For more information:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-901-9916
To learn more about our initiative, visit: