Psychology Foundation of Canada
Run or Walk for The Psychology Foundation of Canada for the mental health of children and families across the country.
The Psychology Foundation of Canada's goal is to promote the psychological well-being of children and families. In order to achieve this goal, the Foundation runs a variety of programs, including:
- Parenting for Life: a non-profit, award-winning public education program to promote positive parenting skills and the well-being of families
- Kids Have Stress Too!: a program designed to help educators, parents and caregivers understand childhood stress and how to provide children with the tools to deal with stress effectively. There are programs from Preschool, JK/SK, Grades 1-3, Stress Lessons for Grades 4-6 and 7-8.
- Diversity in Action — is a pilot project with 26 partners to adapt mental health services for newcomer families in the GTA and beyond.
- Staying on Top of Your Game™ — is all about helping people across Canada to be the best they can be in all parts of their lives. We are all juggling many demands (e.g., at work, financially, in our relationships, etc.) and trying to “stay on top of your game” can often be challenging and stressful. As part of this program, we now have 6 booklets that can be ordered in hard copy from The Psychology Foundation of Canada office or downloaded from our Web site. These booklets address issues like work-life balance, stress management, resiliency in the workplace, and managing generational differences at work.
- First Three Years — an interactive parenting program that promotes secure attachment by supporting parents and communities in the care of their children during the foundational first three years.
Please run, walk or wheel with us in our sixth Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon! For more information on joining our team, please visit the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon web site www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com or contact Remy Sookhai, Tel: (416) 644-4944, e-mail: email@example.com.
Be one of the first 10 registrants and receive free entry!
For more information on the Psychology Foundation of Canada in general, please refer to our website: www.psychologyfoundation.org.