Ronald McDonald House Charities of Canada
Join “RMHC Canada” and help the many kids and their families who will need a Ronald McDonald House or Ronald McDonald Family Room when faced
with serious illness or disability.
For more than 27 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) of Canada has been dedicated to helping children with serious illnesses or
disabilities, and their families, lead happier and healthier lives.
RMHC achieves this by supporting each Canadian Ronald McDonald House® and the Ronald McDonald Family Room® Program.
Ronald McDonald House® is the cornerstone of Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC ) of Canada. There are currently 12 Houses in Canada that
offer a home-away-from-home for families of seriously ill children who are being treated at nearby children's hospitals. Ronald McDonald House offers
families a warm, compassionate and comfortable home environment where families can be together and kids can share experiences with others who are just
like them. 250 families call a Ronald McDonald House home each night, help us to double if not triple the number of families served.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room® Program extends the comfort and services of a Ronald McDonald House to a hospital setting by serving both out of
town families, as well as families who live nearby. Typically located just steps from neonatal or pediatric intensive care units, the Ronald McDonald
Family Room provides a place to escape the stress and tension of the hospital. Ronald McDonald Family Room includes a shared kitchen, dining area,
lounge and bathroom facilities. Others may include overnight bedrooms, showers, laundry facilities, computers and a quiet room. There are currently
three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in Canada. The first opened its doors at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, the second at McMaster Children's Hospital
in Hamilton, and the third recently opened in Winnipeg at Children's Hospital.
RMHC looks forward to marking more milestones through the growth of the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room Program and future RMHC
branded programs but we can't do this without your support. We are grateful for the support of corporations, foundations and individuals who further our
Why should I help?
- Did you know that 100% of every dollar donated to RMHC® Canada goes directly towards helping children in need and their families?
All monies donated to RMHC Canada go directly towards supporting our mission thanks to our biggest supporter McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited
who pays for a significant amount of the administrative and operating costs of RMHC.
- Technical t-shirts for all participants in the marathon and half-marathon; Cotton t-shirts for all participants in the 5k.
- Help RMHC support the cornerstone program Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room program and future RMHC Canada branded programs.
- Discounted entry fee when you join “Team RMHC” and run for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Canada®.
- First 10 Charity Challenge Runners who sign-up to run for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Canada will get a free entry. NOTE: you must contact RMHC
Canada before you register to qualify for this incentive.
- Top 3 fundraisers will be entered into a grand prize raffle.
How can I get involved?
- Sign-up for the Marathon, Half-Marathon or 5k as a Charity Challenge Runner. NOTE: you must contact RMHC Canada before
you register to qualify for this incentive.
- Select Ronald McDonald House Charities as your charity/team.
- Enter PIN code CCDISC to get a reduced registration fee ($65 for marathon and half marathon or $35 for 5K).
- Once you have registered, set-up your own personal fundraising page.
- Collect pledges from co-workers, friends, family. Encourage them to join you! Tax receipts are issued for donations $15 or more.
- Sponsor a runner or team who is fundraising for RMHC® Canada.
- Instead of running, volunteer on race day! Volunteers will be assigned various duties at the on-course Water Stations or the Finish Line area.
To volunteer, contact email@example.com.
For more information or to join “RMHC Canada”, please contact:
Tina-Marie Nairne at firstname.lastname@example.org / 416.446.3493
Marc Costa at email@example.com / 416.446.3518