Ronald McDonald House Toronto
No parent should have to choose. Staying at the hospital bedside of their seriously ill child or staying behind with other family members at home — far away. Your support means they won't have to choose. $125 gives one family, one night together, at the House. Please join Ronald McDonald House Toronto (RMH Toronto) as we walk and run to support seriously ill children and their families during the most frightening time in their lives.
Far from home. Financially strained. Emotionally drained. Every year, hundreds of desperate families from all over Canada and around the world come to Toronto in search of life-saving medical treatment for their seriously ill children. Finding themselves in a strange city and in a vulnerable state, these families long for simple comforts: a hot shower, a home-cooked meal, a supportive shoulder. More than anything, they require a safe place where their family can stay together under one roof.
Why run for the House?
- Every $125 fundraised goes toward providing one night of family comfort at Ronald McDonald House Toronto.
- FREE Training Programs for all participants.
- Technical (dry-fit) t-shirts for all participants in the marathon and half-marathon (a $45 value); Cotton t-shirts for all participants in the 5K.
- Become part of an energetic team with a group goal to help provide a "home away from home" for seriously ill children and their families.
Join Team Ronald McDonald House Toronto!
- Sign-up for the 5K, Half-Marathon or Marathon as a Charity Challenge Runner.
- Select Ronald McDonald House Toronto as your charity.
- Once you've registered, set-up your own personal fundraising page and pick a fundraising goal. How many family nights at Ronald McDonald House Toronto are you running for? (i.e. 20 nights = $2,500).
- Collect pledges from co-workers, friends and family. Encourage them to join you! Tax receipts are issued for donations of $15 or more.
- If you cannot participate on event day, consider sponsoring a runner or team who is fundraising for Ronald McDonald House Toronto.
For further information please contact:
Julian Foreman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-977-0458 ext. 264