Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee
Tune Up and Turn Out for TSO!
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra plays a vital role in the cultural life of our city and our country. For over 90 years the TSO has brought the world's greatest music to Toronto audiences and continues to inspire over tens of thousands of young people each year through its education programmes.
You are invited by the Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee (TSVC) to join TEAM TSO and support our world-class orchestra by participating in the 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Recruit your family members, friends, and co-workers to join our musicians, staff, and other music lovers like you for this fun and rewarding event. Whether you run a lot or walk a little, we want you on TEAM TSO. Every fitness level is welcome.
There are 3 ways you can participate:
Run or Walk with TEAM TSO on October 20, 2013
- Register online as a participant by following the first link below.
- Select 'Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee' as your charity from the drop-down menu in the 'Scotiabank Charity Challenge' section of the registration page.
- Enter Pin Code 13STWMSCC to receive your discounted registration fee ($40 for the 5K, $70 for the half marathon and $80 for the full marathon).
- Once you have registered and received the confirmation email, follow the second link below to create your personal fundraising page for TEAM TSO. If you prefer not to use the online fundraising page, we will be happy to provide you with a hardcopy pledge form.
- Start collecting pledges from everyone you know!
- Receive a race kit, technical t-shirt, and a medal from the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
- All participants will be invited to attend a TSO Open Rehearsal in the 2013/2014 season.
- Prizes for the 3 participants to raise the most funds:
- 1st prize: two tickets to the TSO's Exclusive Opening Gala performance on September 21, 2013: Lang Lang Plays Mozart
- 2nd prize: two tickets to the TSO's performance of Casablanca with Orchestra on Friday February 14, 2014 plus dinner
- 3rd prize: two subscriptions to the TSO's 3-Concert Friday Night Masterworks Series, which starts in November 2013.
The online personal fundraising page is fun and easy to use!
Get free online running training at www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com.
Sponsor a Participant or Team
Click on the 'Sponsor a Participant' or 'Sponsor a Team' link below and scroll through the list to select a registered participant or team that you wish to sponsor.
Make a Donation
Make a one-time donation by clicking on 'Make a one-time donation to the charity' link below and clicking on 'Sponsor Me' to make a donation to TEAM TSO.
All pledges/donations over $20 will receive an official tax receipt (either electronically or in the mail.)
Need more info?
For additional information or assistance with registration please contact Linda McGeown at 416.593.7769 X 359 or lmcgeown@TSO.CA or visit www.tsvc.ca.