Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee
Tune Up and Turn Out for the TSO!
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra plays a vital role in the cultural life of our city and our country. For over 90 years, the TSO has brought the world's greatest music to Toronto audiences, and it continues to inspire tens of thousands of young people each year through its education programmes.
To support our world-class orchestra, the Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee (TSVC) invites you to join TEAM TSO by participating in the 2014 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Recruit your family members, friends, and colleagues to join our musicians, our staff, and other music lovers like you for this fun and rewarding event. Whether you walk a little or run a lot, we want you on TEAM TSO. Every fitness level is welcome.
There are 3 ways you can participate:
Run or Walk with TEAM TSO on October 19, 2014
- Register online as a participant by clicking on the first link at the bottom of the page.
- Select 'Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee' as your charity from the drop-down menu in the 'Scotiabank Charity Challenge' section of the registration page.
- Enter Pin Code 14TSCC to receive your discounted registration fee ($40 for the 5K, $70 for the half marathon and $80 for the full marathon).
- Once you have registered and received the confirmation email, click on the second link at the bottom of the page to create your personal fundraising page for TEAM TSO. If you would prefer not to use the online fundraising page, we would be happy to provide you with a printed pledge form.
- Start collecting pledges from everyone you know!
- Receive a race kit, technical t-shirt, and a medal from the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
- All participants will be invited to attend a TSO Open Rehearsal in the 2014/2015 season.
- Prizes for the three participants to raise the most funds:
- 1st prize: two tickets to the TSO's performance featuring Yo-Yo Ma on Friday, May 29, 2015
- 2nd prize: two tickets to the TSO's performance of The Second City Guide to the Symphony on November 29 or 30, 2014, plus dinner for two at a nearby restaurant
- 3rd prize: two subscriptions to the TSO's 3-Concert Exposed Series, which starts on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
The online personal fundraising page is fun and easy to use!
Get free online running training at www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com.
Sponsor a Participant or Team
Click on the 'Sponsor a Participant' or 'Sponsor a Team' link below and scroll through the list to select a registered participant or team that you wish to sponsor.
Make a Donation
Make a one-time donation to TEAM TSO by clicking on 'Make a One-Time Donation to the Charity' link below, followed by 'Sponsor Me'.
All pledges/donations over $20 will receive an official tax receipt (either electronically or in the mail.)
Need more info?
For additional information or assistance with registration, please contact Linda McGeown at lmcgeown@TSO.CA or Teresa Lasiuk at tlasiuk@TSO.CA or call 416.593.7769 X 359 or visit www.tsvc.ca.