Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Home with a Heart
HELP US RAISE $40,000 TO SUPPORT OUR HOME WITH A HEART!
Established by community volunteers and donors, the Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre is the realization of a vision for a warm, home-like setting, close to cultural roots and traditions, where seniors live with dignity and respect and where community members of different generations come together to celebrate the rich cultural heritage of Ukrainian Canadians.
Why support us?
- The Care Centre offers outstanding high quality compassionate care. We provide care to seniors with some of the most complex care requirements, administered on 24/7 basis. Physicians, nurses, personal support workers, dietician, social worker, priests and volunteers dedicate themselves to quality of life of our residents. The Care Centre is a recipient of a Residents First Improvement Award from the Province of Ontario.
- The Care Centre is a place of living traditions and cultural values. Ukrainian traditional food, decor, cultural programs and outings, religious services in the on-site Chapel and celebration of Ukrainian holidays at the Care Centre make up the daily life of our seniors.
- The Care Centre belongs to the community. Residents, their families, youth, children and seniors from the broader community gather together at the Care Centre to celebrate unique cultural, religious and social events and participate in recreational activities. Volunteers of different generations gain valuable experience, make new friendships and the younger ones learn more about Ukrainian culture, traditions and values.
The Care Centre is a shining example of what community can accomplish when they support each other.
- Register to walk or run and ask family and friends to sponsor you.
- Sponsor a walker/runner.
- Make a general donation to the Care Centre.
Benefits of walking/running for the Care Centre:
- A chance to WIN amazing prizes
- Free transportation from the Care Centre to the event and back
- Invitation to a post-race party
- FUN and friendships
- Stay tuned for more!
For more information contact Anna Denkova at 647-725-0843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about us, visit: www.stdemetrius.ca.