Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre
The Home with a Heart
HELP US RAISE $30,000 FOR THE CARE AND SERVICES OUR SENIORS DESERVE!
Why support our care and services for seniors?
Today people live longer but they are more frail. An increasing number of seniors need specialized care and assistance to cope with the challenges of multiple health issues, aging and isolation.
The Ukrainian Canadian Care Centre provides much needed services to our most vulnerable seniors.
- We take care of seniors with some of the most complex health conditions on a 24/7 basis
- We operate a specialized unit for seniors with Alzheimer's and other cognitive disorders
- Our team comprises physicians, nurses, personal support workers, dietician, social worker and recreation staff
- We engage our seniors in mentally and physically stimulating activities such as music, art and restorative therapy
- We value the cultural heritage and spiritual needs of our seniors
- We keep our seniors connected to the community through bus outings, unique cultural celebrations and social events that involve family, friends, children and adults from the broader community
- Our fresh home-made food, traditional décor, atrium, secure garden and beautiful outdoor patio create a warm sense of home
Our outstanding dedication to excellence in care has earned us a 3 year accreditation in 2014, the maximum awarded by CARF (Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities).
The range and quality of our services are only possible with the support of many compassionate individuals who believe that our seniors deserve to live their twilight years with dignity, respect and joy.
SAY "YES" TO THE CARE AND SERVICES OUR SENIORS DESERVE!
Ways you can help today:
- Register to walk or run and ask family and friends to support you.
- Sponsor a walker/runner.
- Make a donation.
Benefits of walking/running for the Care Centre:
- A chance to win amazing prizes
- Invitation to a post-race party
- Free transportation
- Free registration for everyone who raises more than $250
- FUN and friendships