Thank you for your interest in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Digital Champions Program! We are excited that you are interested in running 42.2k with us this October and we are looking forward to learning more about you!
The Digital Champions Program is an exciting initiative that brings together dedicated, connected, and inspiring runners to act as ambassadors of the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. As an ambassador, you will be the "online face" of this race, sharing your training journey, your ups and downs, your motivations and challenges, and your love of the sport of running! As a Digital Champion, your role is to inspire other runners, help create and sustain an online buzz via social media channels like Twitter and Instagram, and share your journey via blogs, all with the intent of increasing awareness of the race and getting other runners interested and excited about joining you at the start line on October 18th.
Requirement of Digital Champions:
- Active presence online, especially Twitter
- At least 3 tweets per week about your training/the race using hashtag #STWM
- At least 1 Facebook post per week about your race training
- Attend at least 1 of our 5 STWM Tune-Up Runs (negotiable for out-of-town runners)
- Write at least 2-3 blog posts about your training journey to STWM for your own personal blog and/or Toronto Waterfront Marathon Blog
- Regular online interaction with other #STWM runners, contributing to community building and raising awareness of the race
If you are chosen as a Digital Champion for this program, you can expect some wonderful incentives courtesy of Canada Running Series, including:
- Free race entry into the marathon ($110 value)
- Special STWM tech training shirt
- Invitation to our 5 STWM Tune-Up runs
- The opportunity to expose your personal brand to Canada Running Series' online audience
- Invitation to a special pre-race Digital Champions Meet-Up Party
We are excited that you're interested in joining us as a Digital Champion for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon to help us make some noise in Toronto's running community, both online and off! In sharing your experience, we know you will inspire other runners to lace up and run with us this October. Right now we would like to know more about you! Please answer the questions below and click Submit. Feel free to use as much space as you need to answer each question. Thanks so much!
Applications close Sunday, May 3rd.
* All fields are required.
* 4) How active are you on social media? Please list your twitter, website, and blog addresses (if applicable).