Neighbourhood Champions: TBA
Neighbourhood Charity & Sponsoring Group:
Pegasus Community Project
Pegasus Community Project is a registered Canadian charity that provides community based day services for adults with developmental disabilities.
Our programs are centrally located in vital, welcoming Toronto neighbourhoods. Each individual has many opportunities to access community resources and to learn and grow from a wide variety of experiences.
What Pegasus Offers
- Small family-like groups.
- Generous and stable staffing structure — the ratio of staff to participant is generally 1:2.5. This level of staffing allows Pegasus to meet complex personal needs as well as to provide interesting, goal oriented programs.
- Person centred supports — we work with each person to create a schedule of activities and supports that is as individualized as possible.
- Relationships that form the basis of successful supports — we take the time to develop a trusting relationship with each person and to understand his/her ways of communicating.
- Community based supports — participants contribute to and are a vital part of everyday community life.
- Centrally located sites in community centres — the locations facilitate community inclusion and add to the uniqueness of our supports.
- Each person shapes his or her own day. The participant, support networks, and staff will create a day that reflects the individual preferences, and a flexible choice among many social, educational, and physical activities. Our programs are never etched in stone — we are always looking to improve and enrich how we can support participants.
Pegasus also runs a Thrift Store which operates as a social enterprise. Community volunteers as well as participants of Pegasus programs assist in running the store which helps fund the organization.
2016 Entertainment features:
See Road Closures FAQ: access to major destinations
NCE11 is supported by Councillor Mary-Margaret McMahon (Ward 32)
Ward 32 profile (City of Toronto)