- The start horn will sound at 8:45 a.m. and the course will remain open for participants maintaining a 3 hour and 30 minute half marathon pace.
- The course time limit for the half marathon will be 3 hours and 30 minutes, which will begin after the last wave of participants crosses the start line at 9:15 a.m.
- You will be required to maintain an average pace of 10 minutes per kilometer.
- Participants who are unable to reach the 9km mark at Lake Shore Blvd and British Columbia Dr by 10:45 a.m. will be short-turned and will not have the opportunity to complete the half marathon distance.
- A participant who is not able to maintain a 10 minutes per kilometer pace after the 9km mark will be asked to move to the sidewalk and will be doing so as a pedestrian without any further race support.
Half Marathon participants must be 16 years old on race day.
For the safety of all participants, baby carriers, skateboards, roller blades, Kangoo Jump shoes, animals and unauthorized bicycles & wheeled devices are not permitted in the race. Baby strollers are allowed in the 5k event only.
Nordic Poles are permitted in all events.
If you will be participating with a support person, please contact email@example.com and we will ensure your support person is registered correctly.
Please note — Always yield the right of way to all emergency vehicles that may need access.
Start Location – University Ave & Queen St
All participants will be organized into coloured corrals at the start line. Corral assignment will be based on the predicted finishing time submitted during registration. On race day, the corral entrances will be indicated by coloured flags that will correspond to the coloured stripe on your race bib.
In order to ensure that all participants have a safe and enjoyable race, we will be starting the races in waves. Please be in your start corral 10 minutes before the start of the race or you will have to start at the back of the corrals. The corral entrances will close so we can move participants through the start corral in preparation for their wave start time.
|Corral colour||Est. finish time||Start time|
|Red||< 1:44||8:51 a.m.|
|Yellow||1:45 – 1:52||8:57 a.m.|
|Blue||1:53 – 1:59||9:03 a.m.|
|Green||2:00 – 2:14||9:00 a.m.|
|Purple||2:15 +||9:09 a.m.|
Water, Gatorade, Gels & Medical Services
Water, Gatorade & Medical Services will be available at the Pre-Race Area and Finish line, and at all water stations along the courses.
Gatorade flavour on the course will be lemon lime.
Water, Gatorade & Medical Services are located at every 2-4 km.
Endurance Tap gels will be available on course at 12km.
Medical Services at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon will be provided by Odyssey Medical and will be available on-course, at Nathan Phillips Square and the medical tent at the finish line.
Toronto Paramedic Services will have dedicated resources on-course and at the finish line.
Athletic and Physiotherapy will be supervised by The Centre for Sport and Recreation Medicine and will be available at the finish line medical tent.
The “Centre” is also available for your Pre and Post race injuries or medical concerns.
The Centre for Sport and Recreation Medicine
777 Bay Street, College Park
Port-o-lets will be located near the start, finish and on course at each aid station. To view exact locations, please access our RacePoint Map and choose the “Markers” tab and click on “Port-o-lets”.