Ready to do something fun with your friends, family or coworkers? The 4-Person Marathon Relay is a fun way to enjoy some running comradery, while practicing social distancing. Complete 42.2K, while only running a quarter of the distance! Your team has from October 1st – 31st to run your marathon and each member will complete 10.55K.
Virtual Period: October 1st – 31st
Entry Cost: $160 (plus tax and processing fees)
Each Team Member’s Race Kit Includes:
- Finisher medal
- New Balance souvenir shirt
- Running belt
- Digital bib and certificate
- Custom Toronto Landmark Stickers
- Nuun Performance Hydration Drink Mix Sampler (Lemon Lime)
- Biotrue Eye Drops
How it works
- Captain signs up, creates relay team name and passcode, and pays the entry fee for the team.
- Captain sends passcode to their 3 other teammates.
- Teammates register using the passcode and add themselves to the relay team.
- When October rolls around, you log in to the Race Roster system and each team member can log in their 10.55K time in a different leg.
Options To Receive Your Race Kit:
- Shipped anywhere in Canada ($10) or internationally ($20) starting October 1st. Shipping will continue until the end of the virtual race period.
- Free pickup available at:
- Participating Running Room store locations
- Canada Running Series Warehouse (73 Galaxy Boulevard, Unit 4/5, Etobicoke)
- Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel – Provincial Ballroom, second level (123 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2M9).
- Please note that you will need to select your location during registration as space is limited
Race Kit Pickup Schedule:
Warehouse and Running Room store pickup will be available Thursday, September 30 – Sunday, October 3.
- Thursday, September 30 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, October 1 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 2 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, October 3 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Pickup will be available at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (123 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2M9) in the Provincial Ballroom on the second level on Friday, October 15th and Saturday, October 16th.
- Friday, October 15 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 16 – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Official STWM training programs begin June 2021. Running Room programs are designed to help runners of all abilities, from those with very little experience to marathon veterans, reach their goals and stay motivated. Weekly email, video and audio support will help get you to the next step in your running. Includes 18 weeks of virtual coaching including a weekly zoom meeting.
Reach your race day goal with RunCoach! As a participant of the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon you receive FREE and personalized training from RunCoach. Runcoach is here to guide you through your online training journey. As a participant you can also take advantage of this great offer to upgrade to GOLD: 1:1 coaching, individualized insights on training, injuries, and goals, and coach-assisted schedule adjustment and enhancement for only $30.00 CDN.
Use hashtags #TOwaterfront42K and #MoveForwardTO to connect with our virtual race community. Join our Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Facebook Group and follow us on Instagram @towaterfront42k.
Inputting Your Results
Participants will be able to input their distances and times from October 1 at 12:01 a.m. – October 31 at 11:59 p.m. You can use any device that has a start and stop function to track your virtual race distance and time. Once you have completed your activity, you will track it on the Race Roster Results Platform by following these steps:
- Go to results link.
- Choose your event distance (Virtual Marathon Relay).
- Click “Submit a virtual result.”
- Add your results by inputting your time for your segment.
- You can upload a screenshot or photo to show the distance and time you completed (segments are assumed to be 10.55 km unless shown in screenshot).
- You’re Done! You can now see your results on the Marathon Relay Results page, and search for your teammates by name or team name.
Note, if you are completing more than one run to complete your segment distance, you can update your time as you go using the above steps. You will need to input the cumulative time.