Wherever you are! The joy of a Virtual Race is that you can start right outside your front door. In order to avoid crowds and to adhere to social distancing we urge that you not follow the original route. Please follow the guidelines outlined by your local government regarding recreating outdoors to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe. Follow normal street lights and traffic regulations like any typical solo training that you do.
You can do the full distance at once or break it into smaller increments over several days. Once complete, you can input your results on the Race Roster Results Page. Please note, if you do smaller increments, you will need to input your cumulative time manually.
Virtual Race Safety Tips
– Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
– Complete your run on a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
– Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
– Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route.
– Carry a cell phone with you during your virtual race and tell someone the route you’re running in case of an emergency.
* follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.