An event the size of the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon requires 3,000 volunteers in order to run smoothly!
Support over 185 local charities participating in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge by donating your time to the event.
All volunteers receive:
- An Official Race Volunteer T-shirt
- Snacks and Beverages
- Community Service Hours letter
- Fantastic and memorable volunteer experience!
Volunteer Registration will close on Monday, October 16 or when full.
If you have registered for a volunteer shift and would like to review your position information, cancel your shift, or add a new shift:
- Check your Confirmation Email OR
- Click here and enter your e-mail address, then check your inbox for a link to review or edit your profile information and shift(s)
If you would like to volunteer as a group of 20+ individuals, please email email@example.com
We are looking for Key Volunteers to supervise other volunteers and manage key areas of the event! If you are a strong leader with event experience and are interested in this type of position, complete the form to apply.
Win a Trip for 2 to Run Barbados Marathon Weekend!
- Round trip airfare from Toronto or Montreal via Air Canada.
- 7 nights (November 30th – December 7th) at the fabulous 4-star Bougainvillea Beach Resort on Maxwell Coast Road.
- Transfers between airport-hotel in Barbados.
Interested in running? There’s a race for everyone: 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, and Marathon, spread through Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then it’s time for the beach!
How do you enter?
Simply join our team as a Key Volunteer at any of the Canada Running Series East events in 2017 (listed below) and you will automatically be entered into the draw! Individuals will receive 1 entry for each event they volunteer at. At the end of the year, one of our Key Volunteers will win the Grand Prize trip for two to Run Barbados Marathon Weekend! Prize winner to be announced at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon on Sunday, October 22, 2017.
- Race Roster Spring Run-Off – April 8th, 2017
- Banque Scotia 21k de Montreal – April 22nd & 23rd, 2017
- Toronto Waterfront 10k – June 17th, 2017
- Oasis ZooRun – September 23rd, 2017
- Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – October 22, 2017
The more races you volunteer for, the greater your chance to win. Good luck!
The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Medical Team consists of over 100 medical professionals with varying backgrounds and experience. Each year, the team is made up of veterans of the event along with many first time volunteers. The medical team is positioned at the start area, on course, at the aid stations, at the finish area and in the post-race area.
The minimum certification to provide medical care is the successful completion of a Standard First Aid & CPR course. Please note that we also have opportunities on the medical team that do not require any medical training.Apply Now